It's My Pad......

5/26/2006

I wish I didn't remember either!


Meat Loaf Says He Can't Remember 'American Idol' Performance
Singer Has Huge Stage Fright

POSTED: 8:59 am EDT May 26, 2006

LOS ANGELES -- Remember Meat Loaf's performance Wednesday on "American Idol"? He doesn't.
Meat Loaf has absolutely gripping television stage fright, yet he still performed with Katharine McPhee on the finale.
He said the only thing he remembers is the television people telling him that he had less than two minutes before he went on, and then he was walking off the stage and thought he was going to pass out.
He has no memory of what happened in the middle. He admits he sat down and began to "cry like a baby" afterwards.

Meat Loaf said that he's surprised he didn't die of a heart attack.
Meanwhile, McPhee had told him during rehearsals she wasn't nervous at all, and Meat Loaf said he wishes he could be her for five seconds.
He said he had never sung that song live before, and as he puts it, it felt like he had "an alien busting out my chest."
Taylor Hicks won the title over McPhee, capping off the show's fifth season

Renee at 3:46 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 5:12 PM Blogger Michael said...

I love your new pad and....


Thank you, thank you very much.


Take Care
Michael

 
at 5:21 PM Blogger Renee said...

Still tweaking it. Not sure I wanna keep the template though! Glad to see you here!:)

 
at 6:56 PM Blogger Rick said...

hey :) - like the new digs

 
at 3:56 PM Blogger Judy said...

WOW Renee! I like this!

Meatloaf - you'd think after all these years and as famous as he is that he'd get over the whole stage-fright thing!

 
at 11:42 PM Blogger Christi said...

No wonder he sucked so much! I loved that song once, and it was just AWFUL the other night!

 
at 9:42 AM Blogger Poppy said...

That's hilarious!

Thanks for letting me know you changed spots. I just took a look at the link to your old site and someone has already claimed it for their bird prophecies...yikes!

 
at 2:46 PM Blogger amynoroom said...

Okay Meatloaf is one weird dude...how can a performer have stagefright? Wow!!! I hope he's okay now.

Love your new site! Thanks for letting me know where you moved!

 

Post a Comment