It's My Pad......

6/22/2006

Nine Years!

Today has been 9 years since Kevin and I first met! Time sure flies when you are having fun. I wasn't even looking and he comes up and introduces himself. He said he saw me when I first walked into the room (at church) and he saw I had no ring on my left finger. Well he told me that later. I remember when I first laid eyes on him. I was speechless, he was GORGEOUS! I was at the end of a relationship that I was not happy in. It was a tough transition but the best one I ever made. Kev treated me like I was the only girl in the world and he still does. We are just so into each other. We match perfectly and balance each other out as well. (I do have o say the 1st year of marriage wasn't all roses!lol) God definitely knows what he is doing. My family adores him and his family loves me just as much as we do them. We have a wonderful life together and I can't wait to spend the rest of my years with him. When I first met Kevin I had just moved into town. Matter of fact the night I met him at church almost didn't happen. I didn't love the church my parents were going to and my mom talked me into trying it just one more time. So glad I did! Kevin had said he'd show me around town since I said how boring it is to be stuck at home not knowing what was around. A few days after our first meeting he got my number from a friend (the first friend I made) and called me. He wanted to show me around town so I said sure! He picks me up and we pull into the local airport. I was going huh? He said let's go in for a minute. We went to a hanger and he picks up some headphones and throws one to me to put on. When he says show me around town he meant it! He took me flying!!!(his friend was a pilot) even showed me my house. I was scared but in awe. That is one day I'll never forget. Well the rest as they say is history! I love you baby!! Thanks for 9 years of magic!!

Oh and on to a little surprise he tried to pull, When he got home yesterday he put his cellphone on the kitchen counter, It rang and I went to look at it and Kev came barreling down the stairs. It was my friend Karen. I figured she had gotten our cell #'s mixed up. She has them both because she babysits alot. Kevin had called her earlier and was asking her to babysit tonight so he could surprise me with dinner out. She of course has plans already but hey the effort scored him even more points with me! *SIGH* What a man!

Renee at 9:18 AM

5comments

5 Comments

at 12:40 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, nine years... I can't believe that I found someone to put up with me that long. I love and adore everything about Renee. I hope and pray that I can keep you happy and on love for the rest of our lives.
Love, Kevin

 
at 2:39 PM Blogger Michael said...

What a lovely couple you two make. May you experience many more years of happiness.

Take Care
Michael

 
at 8:04 PM Blogger Kurt said...

Well, shit, am I the only one around here who's miserable!

 
at 8:16 AM Blogger Cady said...

what a great story and a sweet hubby! you guys make a great couple. :)

 
at 8:51 AM Blogger Tricia said...

I never heard the flying story!! how sweet!! he knows how to "woo" a girl, huh?

Congrats on 9 years of being together. It's so wonderful to be with someone that you love so much and makes you so happy.

 

Post a Comment