It's My Pad......

6/23/2006

Who says nothing is free?


Kevin's best friend Brian called yesterday about 5:30 to see if we wanted free tickets to see Clint Black and Dwight Yoakam. Our one babysitter already had plans as I posted yesterday. Kevin called the inlaws to see if they wanted the tickets and FIL offered up his services to babysit! We took him up on it. We don't ask them to babysit because they stay SO busy. So we appreciate him coming over to hang with the kids. The kids really loved it. I am not a huge Dwight Yoakam fan so I was rather bored sitting through his part. Clint came out and I was happy. I knew most of his songs. I actually saw him in concert about 15 years ago. He still sounds great. Our seats were really good so that was even better-free tickets+good seats! Brian is the executive produer for our local TV station so he's always getting free stuff. Close to 10 the clouds started to roll in and lightening started to flash. I told Kevin I wanted to leave. I didn't want to be stuck there in the rain with a bunch of drunks!lol So we left a little early. We had booze too but just a cup of it. It only took about 10 mins to get home and not long after we got in it started to thunder and pour rain. Glad we left when we did. Kevin and I spent the first hour of the concert people watching. I think half the people in our city don't have mirrors or friends and family with enough backbone to say "what the hell are you wearing(or NOT wearing)?! There were big, sweaty, hairy guys with no shirts. I told Kevin to tell them we'd pay them to put a shirt on!LMAO I won't even talk about what the women were wearing! WHOA! So anyway when we got home Claire was in bed sleeping and we put Brenden to bed when we got home. Then we went to bed an I'll end the story there!;-)

Oh and the picture above is not by me. I found it online and it is from last night's concert. You know I HAD to have a picture up!

Renee at 8:41 AM

5comments

5 Comments

at 10:31 AM Blogger RWB said...

Dwight Yoakam and Clint Black, that had to be a good show...the picture looks like every night in downtown Fort Worth Texas! lol

 
at 11:07 AM Blogger Kurt said...

That reminds me of when I saw Queen in 1977.

 
at 11:33 AM Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Who would say no to free tickets? Lol, I like me some Clint Black

 
at 11:54 PM Blogger Judy said...

Wow FREE tickets! You guys scored!

 
at 12:45 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

I was wondering what the heck happened to your blog. I just happened to find you via Kami.

Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment