It's My Pad......

10/03/2006

So sad....

Yesterday's school shooting really has me torn up. It hits very close to home, literally. This morning when I dropped Brenden off at school there were 2 cop cars and cops sitting in the parking lot. I asked a teacher if everything was ok and they said they were just there for extra security. It was very unnerving and I just fell apart on the way home. Of course our public schools are MUCH MUCH different than an Amish School. The Amish school is a one room building with no electricity and no phone etc... They don't drive cars as well. They drive horse pulled buggies. That's the reason why this guy targeted them because they seemed an easy target. I feel so sick for the families of the children and well as the family of the shooter. I am sure they are stunned. Kevin and I didn't sleep well last night just thiking about those familes and girls. Lots of prayers are going out to them. :-(

Renee at 10:17 AM

7comments

7 Comments

at 3:40 PM Blogger Judy said...

You are right - it is a scary, sad thing that has happened. I have been thinking about those families all day today.

 
at 5:14 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you would post about this. I was thinking about posting as well. It is so sad, I feel for those families, the victims and the poor family of that sick man!

 
at 6:09 PM Blogger Rachel said...

it's horrid to think of all the possibilities for us and our kids. Try not to worry about it too much

 
at 10:19 AM Blogger Unknown said...

Iknow its so sad. Our school keeps all doors locked but the front and when you go in there is the office. Personally now days I wish they would install a buzzer, keep all doors locked.

 
at 11:08 AM Blogger Kurt said...

Amish people are nice.

 
at 10:41 PM Blogger Cady said...

i feel so awful for those families. the fact that they are forgiving him is so impressive to me. i didn't realize how close you live to them. that would freak me out!

 
at 12:07 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately school shootings have become an epidemic in this country. For some children school is the only place they feel safe. And now that is being taken away. Especially for the shooter to be unrelated to the school-- which has happened now twice in the last week.

As a teacher I wonder when school uniforms will be made bullet-proof. We had to talk to our kids about reporting any strangers in the building-- anyone without a visitors tag or school employee tag...

I miss the old days when the biggest stressor at school was figuring out the mystery meat in the cafeteria...

 

Post a Comment