It's My Pad......

8/22/2006

Met the teacher!

Ok well Kevin and I took Brenden to meet the teacher this morning. It went really well. He really likes her (as do I) and his classroom is so big! They have all kinds of stuff and even computers! I guess that just surprises me because when I was in Kindy EONS ago there were no computers in the room. Anyway we got a list of things he needs to bring which is very small. Apparently the school system supplies most of it. The school was so nice and Brenden was really just giddy. He had already been familiar with a couple kids in the class as he has played with them at the playground so that was good. One little boy looked relieved when he saw Brenden. His mom said he was really nervous and scared. All the kid's got to ride the school bus on a little 10 minute run. Brenden won't be riding the bus but he will during field trips so I let him go. He was really excited about that. He said he sat next to a girl. I said well did you ask her name and he said "No, but I told her she had on a nice shirt and she said thanks!" lol How cute is that. Is he charming the ladies already? Hmmmmmmmmm We got back home a little after 10 and we went BACK at 11:45 so his teacher could test him to see what all he knew. They were done really quick. She said he knew everything and that was awesome. She said he should breeze by in kindergarten so that was nice to hear. Let's just hope that little jabber mouth can stay quiet when he is supposed to!lol So anyway he is even more excited for school and I think we may go get supplies tomorrow evening.

As a a side note, I thought I was feeling good after the gym and surprised I wasn't more sore, let me tell ya I am feeling it in my legs now! YOUCH!!lol

Renee at 3:32 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 8:57 PM Blogger Kurt said...

Ask lots of questions. Get all up in her face. Ask how she teaches reading. Ask how your child compares to all the others. Do it. You know you want to.

 
at 9:39 PM Blogger amynoroom said...

You gotta love that gym soreness...nothing like knowing you are getting a good workout and feel it for the rest of the week. Ha ha!!

 
at 10:34 PM Blogger Judy said...

Cool for you and Brenden! Glad you like the teacher and I know he's going to have a terrific year! YAY kindergarten!

 
at 10:52 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm glad that he is happy about school. I'm sure that makes a huge difference.

Yeah, once you start to stiffen up, then the muscles revolt. LOL

 
at 5:28 PM Blogger Unknown said...

My son has the same jabbering problem lol. You are inspiring me to exercise lol. I went for a lengthy bike ride today. I'm expecting my butt to be sore tomorrow too. lol

 

Post a Comment